Weights & Inspection Manager
- Assist with vendor scale compliance and invoice audits as directed.
- Assemble and report W&I daily revenue %’s for continuous monitoring toward team goals.
- Produce and report on reweighs greater than 1,000 lbs. on a daily and weekly basis. This allows sales to review and manage potential customer issues before invoicing occurs.
- Produce various sales reports weekly as assigned.
- Assist W&I Supervisor with questions and troubleshooting.
- Performs other duties as needed and requested by managers, such as approving protests, pulling data on accounts or certain corrections, NMFC 999998 tracking/reporting, etc.
- Comprehends and ensures compliance with company and government regulations
- Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal risks and risk to fellow employees
- Comply with federal, state, and company regulations
- Perform other duties as needed
- Previous proven leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint and project Management software
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain flexibility to adapt plans as necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in decision-making
- Customer centric approach
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must have the ability to safely enter and exit trailers, vans, flatbeds, forklifts and tractors
- Must have the ability to work around and operate motorized equipment
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job as specified in the job description
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures and dusty conditions in the dock environment; must be able to perform essential functions in these conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. Tasks require the ability to exert light to moderate physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds). Requires manual dexterity and visual and hearing acuity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position and normal hours of work and days are Monday through Friday with start and end times that will be dictated by the needs of the business. Hours may vary depending on staffing levels, customer demands, emergency situations and travel.
Travel between company terminals
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and work experience.
2-5 years’ experience in Weight and Inspection in the LTL trucking industry
Knowledge of the National Master Freight Classification
2-5 years supervisory experience
Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Planning, organization, attention to detail and follow-up skills.
Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
Experience working in a Union environment is a plus.