- Communicate with Customer Service on delivery of hot freight and special accounts.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train dockworkers to improve work performance and morale.
- Ensure all Safety Policies and Practices are followed throughout all areas of the operation.
- Ability to recognize, reward and reinforce good performance.
- Must be knowledgeable of hazardous materials and the paperwork, handling, placarding and storage.
- Provide updates to Terminal Manager including but not limited to: personnel needs, bid adjustments, equipment repair and maintenance, supply needs, disciplinary follow through and progressive discipline visibility.
- Responsible for proper communication with all departments of Standard Forwarding to ensure customer needs are met.
- Required to switch shifts to cover for vacations of the other non-bargaining employees at the terminal.
- Perform duties in accordance with Standard Forwarding Standards of Business Conduct.
- Required to observe and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and/or Standard Forwarding including company policy concerning safety, claims prevention, and hours of service.
- Previous proven leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint and project Management software
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain flexibility to adapt plans as necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in decision-making
- Customer centric approach
- A good team player
- Comfort in dealing with conflict and holding people accountable to deadlines and deliverables
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints and deliver on results on schedule and within budget
- Comfort with challenging status quo and a serious interest in making changes in the business
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 25 pounds). Requires manual dexterity and visual and hearing acuity. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position, days are Monday through Friday. Hours will vary depending on business needs, vacation coverage, and emergency situations.
No travel required
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent
2-5 years of Transportation or Logistics related experience
Previous union experience a plus
Standard Forwarding LLC believes in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Our company’s success depends on the effective utilization of qualified individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We will not discriminate on the basis of these characteristics in a personnel action including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotions, transfers, demotions, benefits, compensation, discipline, termination and any other conditions or privileges of employment.