LTL Operations Supervisor – ROC
- Assign pick-ups throughout the day based on the least cost scheduling to the driver fleet.
- Communicate with drivers as pick-ups are assigned, this includes early closers, specialized account information, volume pick-ups, and locations where drivers are detained for an extended amount of time.
- Communicate with Customer Service on delivery of hot freight and special accounts.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train drivers to improve work performance and morale.
- Ability to recognize, reward and reinforce good performance.
- Must be knowledgeable of hazardous materials and the paperwork, handling, placarding and storage.
- Provide updates to the Director of Operations including but not limited to: personnel needs, bid adjustments, equipment repair and maintenance, supply needs, disciplinary follow through and progressive discipline visibility.
- Responsible for proper communication with all departments of Standard Forwarding to ensure customer needs are met.
- Required to switch shifts to cover for vacations of the other non-bargaining employees at the terminal.
- Perform duties in accordance with Standard Forwarding Standards of Business Conduct.
- Required to observe and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and/or Standard Forwarding including company policy concerning safety, claims prevention, and hours of service.
- Previous proven leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint and project Management software
- Ability to prioritize work and maintain flexibility to adapt plans as necessary
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence in decision-making
- Customer centric approach
- A good team player
- Comfort in dealing with conflict and holding people accountable to deadlines and deliverables
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent
2-5 years of Transportation or Logistics related experience
Standard Forwarding LLC believes in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Our company’s success depends on the effective utilization of qualified individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We will not discriminate on the basis of these characteristics in a personnel action including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotions, transfers, demotions, benefits, compensation, discipline, termination and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time to adjust and adapt to the changing needs of the business.