Director of Information Technology
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel.
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Represents the IT function at customer review meeting when appropriate.
- Directs education programs for her/his staff.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Technical Capability.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Performance Management.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or related experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience within information technology.
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience
The following certifications are preferred:
- Microsoft Certification
- VMWare Certification
- RedHat Certification
- Cisco or other Networking equivalent certifications
Standard Forwarding believes in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Our company’s success depends on the effective utilization of qualified individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We will not discriminate on the basis of these characteristics in a personnel action including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotions, transfers, demotions, benefits, compensation, discipline, termination and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.