Life Enrichment Coordinator
The Life Enrichment Coordinator will lead, create, and implement scheduled recreational, educational and therapeutic programs for residents as directed by the Life Enrichment Managers.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities
- Works individually and with team members to support Departmental Objectives/Strategic Planning goals, along with planning and coordinating events for residents, prospective residents, as well as the border external community.
- Assumes a support role in utilizing communication tools and practices to generate awareness of Life Enrichment Programs. Provides administrative support to the LE Manager & Director with Newsletter, and CATIE, as well as the development of related collateral materials.
- Follows departmental policies for recording attendance at events & programs using AOD or other means.
- Meets with new residents to orient them to programs and supplies available through Life Enrichment. Completes initial assessments, preferences & documentation as needed using AOD or as requested.
- Works respectfully with residents, committees, and volunteers as needed.
- Assists with research related to events in the community, industry trends and evaluating competition.
- Assists with coordination of Volunteer Initiative/Program for residents and non-residents as well.
- Communicates items or areas of need to the Manager or Director of Life Enrichment in a timely manner.
- Completes all required Relias training in a timely manner.
- Responsible for fire and safety procedures including those of blood borne pathogens.
- Travel required for meeting off campus with potential Community Programming and Event partners. As well as for training sessions, continuing education opportunities, emergency situations, and other community functions.
- Consistently follows resident care plans when developing and conducting individualized or pocket programs for Embrace Health residents.
- Remains in proper business attire at all times and maintains a high standard of appearance.
- Participates in professional improvement workshops, seminars, and meetings which allow continued education on current affairs related to the retirement, continuing care, community outreach, education, and event planning.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains excellent resident and employee relations, respecting each and handling complaints and feedback constructively.
- Attends staff/team meetings as requested.
- Invites and assists residents to activities and programs.
- Utilize resources, materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Assist in maintaining a safe and attractive environment for residents and coworkers.
- Reports observations of sudden changes in resident behavior to Charge Nurse/Clinic Nurse and or Resident and Family Life Director to assure professional assessment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager or Director of Life Enrichment Programs.
Experience in long-term care activities program and/or independent living activities program preferred. Experience working with geriatric population and knowledge of Alzheimer’s/Dementia preferred.
Minimum of high school education.