Performs custodial/personal care activities for clients according to their individualized plan of care and as directed by the licensed nurse. The scheduling for this position is PRN.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities
- Knows and respects the clients’ rights, which includes reinforcing and protecting each clients’ self- image
- Utilizes resources, materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Assists in maintaining a safe and attractive environment for clients and co-workers
- Works effectively as a team member, which includes communicating effectively with co-workers, maintaining shift reporting and orientation of new employees
- Accepts reassignment (consistent with qualifications) as needed to provide necessary care for all clients
- Demonstrates dependability by being punctual; maintains scheduled attendance
- Supports and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures
- Attends inservice training and continuing education programs provided – no fewer than 12 hours/year
- Performs routine housekeeping duties including straightening and maintaining service areas and resident rooms
- Knows and is able to initiate fire and disaster plans
- Other duties as assigned
- C.A.R.E. First! Centered Around Residents’ Experience. Employee exemplifies this in all aspects of the job.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a state approved nurse aid program.
- Current listing on the North Carolina Nurse Aid Registry.
- Long term care or geriatric experience preferred
- Must be able to read and write English, follow directions (oral and written) and communicate with residents and staff.