The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the housekeeping department in accordance with federal, state, and local standards and guidelines along with assuring the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training, and developing hourly staff. Relays information and concerns to the Assistant Director that cannot be resolved by the Housekeeping Manager. At times may assume responsibility of the entire Environmental Services Department due to staffing coverage. The Housekeeping Manager is the senior most person within the housekeeping department.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchases all cleaning supplies and equipment and determines replacement to usage and budget, maintains detailed inventories of all supplies and equipment; investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems; initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goalsved cleaning instruments and methods.
- Coordinates with other trades and departments on work projects and estimates work hours for completion of jobs.
- Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs tasks as assigned by management.
- Fills in where needed, in staff absences, working and leading by example.
- Assists in communicating management information to staff.
- Completes reports for Assistant Director.
- C.A.R.E. First! Centered Around Residents’ Experience. Employee exemplifies this in all aspects of the job.
- Associates degree or minimum two years of college required; Bachelor degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- At least five years of experience working and in facilities, janitorial, custodian, and/or housekeeping for a large organization or multiple facilities, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
- CIMS preferred but not required