The dietary aide will assist with meal preparation, cleaning of kitchen, cookware and utensils, food and equipment cleanliness, supply and storage and inspection preparation.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates courtesy and tact in dealing with all residents, nursing staff and other personnel
- Uses judgment and initiative involving resident, making last minute diet changes and satisfying resident requests
- Assists with meals and feeds residents, monitors feeding to include passing trays, between meal nourishments, supplements, ice water, measuring intake and output, calorie count, determining percentage of meals eaten
- Knows and respects the rights of residents, which includes reinforcing and protecting each resident’s self-image
- Utilizes resources, materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and attractive environment for residents and coworkers
- Works effectively as a team member which includes communicating effectively with coworkers, maintaining walking rounds and orientation of new employees
- Demonstrates dependability by being punctual; maintains scheduled attendance
- Supports and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures
- Conforms to facility dress code
- Completes other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Geriatric experience preferred. Experience within a health care setting and knowledge of basic nutrition preferred.
- Current listing on the North Carolina Nurse Aide Registry, as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Must be able to read and write English, follow directions (oral and written) and communicate with residents and staff (oral and written).
- Have the ability to exercise judgment and the initiative to serve foods in correct portions, neatly and in an appetizing manner on the hot food line.