Assistant Director of Nursing
Assists the Director of Nursing in the supervision of nursing care provided by nursing staff. Assists in carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizational policies and applicable laws.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and resolves employee complaints; authorizes overtime as necessary; approves the correction of errors in timekeeping records.
- Assists with interviews, hiring and training of employees;
- Meaningfully rewards and disciplines employees with the understanding that such discipline results in termination of employment through progressive steps.
- Prepares performance evaluations; conducts competency evaluations;
- Is in charge of the Nursing Department in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Attends and participates in management meetings/in-services as scheduled/required; Understands and supports operational budget responsibilities; participates in survey/compliance processes.
- Other duties as assigned and as needed by the department.
- C.A.R.E. First! Centered Around Residents’ Experience. Employee exemplifies this in all aspects of the job.
- Current North Carolina Nursing license
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience of nursing management in long-term care, preferably in a continuing care retirement community
- Knowledge of state and federal guidelines for Long Term Care
- Current C.P.R. certification; additional certification in nursing specialty desired
- Must have compassion for others and a commitment to quality of care
- Must have strong clinical skills
- Must have strong leadership, interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates willingness to try new tasks
- Communicate and model organization’s values
- Foster high performance and recognize need for and provide adequate resources
- Apply quality improvement methods and techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge of Resident’s Rights, Infection Control, Information Management, Fire/Safety and emergency procedures