Diesel / Semi-trailer technician
Pritchett Trucking Inc., has full and part-time openings for experienced diesel technicians and semi-trailer technician at their Lake Butler, FL location. Put your years of experience to work maintaining Pritchett’s fleet of heavy duty equipment heavy duty equipment. Pritchett offers competitive compensation based on experience and a full benefits package.
Technicians must have the necessary tools, troubleshooting skills and experience to perform repairs as needed including all items related to Federal Annual DOT Inspections.
The Truck Technician should be familiar with:
Trailer Technician / Welder Task
- Trouble shoot and diagnose defects noted by the driver including Tarp System malfunctions, walking floor malfunctions, and dump trailer hydraulic malfunctions.
- Installs new parts such as, but not limited to: Cross members, panels, posts, rails, door equipment, flooring, lights, wiring, brakes, valves, airlines, wheel end components, landing gear, frame assembly, and other parts.
- Repairs wreck damage by welding, pulling, straightening, riveting, and aligning multiple structural parts.
- Examines all system parts looking for damage, excessive wear, loose bolts, broken welds, structural deficiencies, air leaks, oils leaks, stuck, frozen, or rusted parts, as well as safety devices on all types of trailers.
- Lubricates moving parts and performs air system and lighting system tests to include ABS system function while insuring the trailer meets OEM, Federal annual inspection, and brake system criteria guidelines and industry conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates various attachments, supports, reinforcement, gussets, etc. according to general designs, blueprints or schematic drawings.