Midwest Based LTL Regional Carrier: Seeking Experienced Director of Safety & Security
Director of Safety & Security
- Support and continually enhance all corporate safety objectives through daily management of the Safety and Training personnel.
- Direct the safety, compliance, orientation and ongoing driver training, and accident prevention activities including:
- Introduction of programs and technologies to reduce accidents
- Reducing the frequency of work related injuries
- Improving CSA (Compliance, Safety & Accountability) scores
- Reduction physical damage, liability and cargo claims frequency and cost. * Regular updates to management on safety and compliance.
- Develop and implement programs to monitor compliance of all DOT regulations and Page Safety and Training standards. Maintain readiness for DOT compliance reviews and audits.
- The successful candidate must be detail oriented, able to work in a sometimes stressful environment, able to communicate and problem solve with drivers. Must also have the ability to interface with insurance providers, finance department, maintenance, recruiting, operations, and government agencies as required.
- The individual who holds this position is responsible for communicating and coordinating all potentially significant issues with his or her direct supervisor.
- Elevate safety awareness in the company, serving as a technical resource on compliance questions and as a participant in interdepartmental training and meetings.
- Support and oversee administration of regular Safety Meetings and performance and award programs.
- Travel as required.
- Four year college degree and five plus years of safety management experience in the transportation industry, preferably LTL.
- Certification as a Certified Director of Safety, preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in prioritizing matters and giving clear direction in unexpected situations.
- Ability to perform well in stressful situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to relate well with people from the boardroom to the truck cab and orientation classroom.
- Job Type: Full-time