Lender: White Plains, NY
Job ID: PM201
Title: Commercial Lender
Report to: Chief Lending Officer
Purpose of the Position:
Assist Chief Lending Officer in managing the loan portfolio, establishing lending requirements and criteria to provide maximum profitability to the Bank with a minimum risk.
- Meet with customers, prospects and referral sources and collect and analyze finacial related data to determine the general creditworthiness of the loan applicant and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Establishes and negotiates, where necessary, the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements
- Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts
- Advises customers, where possible, in business management and financial matters
- Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers. Also cross-sells Bank services and products
- Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities
- In the absence of the Chief Lending Officer, will maintain the same high quality and standard in customer service, policy, procedures and integrity expected of this position.
- Other duties, as assigned
- A technical level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s level program in business administration, finance or related area
- Five to seven years of increasingly responsible commercial lending experience