- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits.
- Determine annual departmental goals and provide strategic support and recommendations.
- Analyze systems and procedures to determine process improvement and initiate corrective actions.
- Assign projects and direct staff and vendors to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Formulize and meet financial accounting objectives.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Manage vendors and analyze systems to align with organizational goals and department objectives.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, degrees in finance or equivalent experience considered.
- 3+ years’ experience working as an Accounting Manager or Supervisor.
- Experience in professional service industry (Construction, A/E (Architectural/Engineering firms) preferred.
- Highly proficient with financial systems, MS Office Suite, and Adobe.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Job costing and multi-divisional experience
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with a multi-divisional structure, intercompany billing and intercompany allocations.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work effectively in a team environment, and meet deadlines.