Information Technology Assistant: White Plains, NY
Job ID: PM205
Department: Information Technology Department
Title: Information Technology Assistant
Report to: VP Information Technology
- Assist with diagnosing and quickly resolving a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime.
- Provide user level training on daily applications used including, but not limited to MS Office, branch related applications and other basic computer related skills.
- Assist with the internal and external customer help desk portal.
- Assist with procurement, inventory and implementation of new computer equipment and technologies.
- Assist with network, email and security management.
- Assist with monitoring printers, copiers, and fax machines to make sure they are working properly and receiving regular maintenance.
- Assist with maintaining user access rights and logs for all bank applications and network access including on-boarding of new employees and removal of inactive employees.
- Work schedules include rotating off-hour and weekend support to maintain consistent system availability.
- Perform other related duties/work as required.
Other Related Duties:
- Assist in research of new technologies and software that might be beneficial.
- Assist with technical documentation of systems and processes.
- Assist with creation and documentation of IT systems and networks.
- Assist with the creation and documentation of a technical knowledge base for common issues experienced by end users.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Basic knowledge of current technologies available in the IT world.
- Experience and/or knowledge of various networking systems concepts including email, network security, network protocols, etc.
- Previous experience with computer and printer maintenance and repair a plus.
- Work independently and assist with multiple projects, priorities and locations.
- Work under pressure with interruptions and challenging deadlines.
- Must show aptitude and desire to learn new skills on the job.
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work as a team member and to promote a positive work environment.
- Able to adapt to change and meet deadlines.
The Westchester Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.