Job type: Part Time
Job Title: CDL A Shuttle Driver
Reports To: Night Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hill & Markes, Inc. a 100+ year old family-owned and operated company headquartered in Amsterdam, NY, is seeking a dedicated, hard-working employee. As an industry leader in wholesale distribution of food service, janitorial, industrial packaging, and office supplies, the Company partners with quality industry manufacturers.
We offer competitive compensation and employer paid uniforms. If you are looking for a recession-proof employer with an excellent reputation in the state and industry, consider applying.
The CDL A Shuttle Driver drives with the capacity of more than 18,000 GVW to transport materials to and from specified locations. This is a night position – hours are 9:00 pm to 1:30 am (or longer if needed).
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Adheres to Department of Transportation (DOT) standards
· Shuttle Hill & Markes delivery truck to and from designated destinations in a timely and accurate manner
· Inspect truck and complete Driver Vehicle Condition Report before leaving and upon returning
· Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations including documentation of time and mileage
· Follows established reporting procedures in the event of vehicle, property, or personal injury accident
· Understands and adheres to Company Safety policies and procedures
· Responsible for all Company-owned property
· Assists in the warehouse during the night shift by selecting product and loading trucks
· Responsible for cleaning truck cab and box after use, checking oil and fluids, and for fueling truck
· Additional duties as assigned by Operations Manager or other management
· Candidate MUST have a clean CDL A License with Doubles Endorsement
· At least one year of related experience
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical, background and motor vehicle record (MVR) screening
· Ability to work a 5-day work schedule on the night shift: Sunday through Thursday with the hours of 9:00 pm – 1:30 am or longer if needed
The Company partners with quality industry manufacturers and services customers in the states of New York and Vermont. Hill & Markes, Inc. is recognized by the Capital District Business Review as one of the bests private sector employers As a family-owned and operated business, we are proud of our team of outstanding
Hill & Markes Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hill & Markes Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hill & Markes Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hill & Markes employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.