Customer Care Specialist - Omaha, NE
Looking for a New Opportunity?
Gain experience and jumpstart your career with one of the nation’s leading online retailers. We're hiring customer service specialists with potential to work from home.
Having been named a Top 500 Retailer as well as one of the fastest growing companies in America, Hayneedle is well aware that success doesn't make itself; success is created through talent, hard work, and cooperation. Our future is defined by the lasting relationships we create with our amazing team —people who come ready to transform the industry with big ideas, loads of ambition, and a healthy obsession for excellence.
Staying true to our roots, Hayneedle operates from a foundation built by free-thinking innovators with an unwavering passion for bringing the best products, experiences, and services to millions of customers every day. And as our company grows, so does our need for savvy self-starters who dare to dream, take action, and make a difference.
What does a Customer Care Specialist at Hayneedle do?
Our Customer Care Specialists enhance the Hayneedle shopping experience on our sites by researching and resolving customer issues.
Why We’re Proud
At the Customer Care Center, we provide a positive shopping experience every step of the way – we’re enthusiastic, friendly, and always willing to assist our customers. If you want to work in a casual atmosphere with opportunity for advancement and potential to work from home, Hayneedle is the place for you.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills to research and resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrate drive and enthusiasm while handling customer questions, complaints and inquiries.
- Ownership of customer service resolves through entire life cycle of customer service complaint or issues.
- Internal communication with Vendor Specialist team members to address escalated vendor issues that affect the customer experience.
- Respond to sales and service requests from all email queues.
- Accurately enter phone, email, and fax numbers.
- Close sales (during high call volume periods) and provide after sale support.
- Build confidence in our potential customers by having a friendly phone presence and strong product knowledge and strong understanding of customer service policies.
- Offer input to Customer Care Manager and Customer Care Assistant Manager concerning customer issues as well as changes and updates needed to websites.
- Meet productivity goals.
- Use judgment in the resolution of service issues to prevent monetary loss.
- Attend training and coaching sessions to keep pace with product changes and updates.
- Accurately input customer information.
- Support other customer care areas as needed.
What basic qualifications do a Customer Care Specialist need to have?
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1 year of customer service experience and dealing with escalated service issues in a call center environment; online retail industry experience preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment required.
- Manage multiple projects are required.
- Capability to effectively prioritize, communicate with internal and external teams, and show ownership for projects from start to finish required.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and work alongside team members required.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and strong work ethic required.
- Excellent PC skills using Microsoft Office software required.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
- Maturely handle complaints and diverse customers while maintaining a high level of service.
As one of the nation's largest online retailers, staying ahead of the curve is essential. We rely on the positive, team-oriented attitudes of top-notch people to keep the business thriving. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of a rapidly growing retail brand is for you—share your story! Apply today and tell us why you fit the bill as the next best addition to our winning team.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.