- Attends community and state-wide meetings in addition to maintaining communication and interaction with partner organizations.
- Hires, develops, and retains a dynamic team.
- Conducts annual evaluations of staff
- Demonstrates strong relationships with key stakeholders, service and funding partners to ensure effective service coordination
- Secures appropriate resources for staff and clients to include supplies, equipment, and training materials.
- Keeps abreast, find, and develop new funding sources for the department.
- Recommends program planning activities, including the development of new programs and funding proposals.
- Performs such duties as the supervisor may assign
- Attends all organization events and fund raising functions
- Creates performance metrics for all DD managed programs
- Performs and reports on monthly internal audits of notes
- Holds weekly staff meetings with each Medicaid program
Requirements & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Education, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field; Bachelor’s degree with additional experience; minimum 3 years human services experience;
- Preference may be given to individuals with three years program coordinator experience working with the disabled, or professional level human resource work administering OPWDD/Medicaid funded programs.
- Experience with processing claims through eMedNY’s ePaces Medicaid billing application
- Supervisory experience a must.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, students and the community.
- Skilled in analyzing and problem solving.
- Strong leadership skills and at least 3 years successful management or program development experience in a community based setting.
- Excellent supervisory, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to relate to a diverse population and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations.
- Ability to multi-task and organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion with an attention to detail.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel and ability to produce required quantitative and qualitative reports.
- Provides own transportation. Valid New York State Driver’s License with clean abstract.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when required.
- Experience with program and grant management.
- Knowledge of available community resources a plus.