Data/Print Processing Assistant Clerk
- Processing files and working with peers to ensure customer satisfaction. Other responsibilities may be added or deleted at the discretion of management.
- Provide cross-training for new clerks that want to assist in learning about the department.
- Coordinate all jobs to assure deadlines are met.
- Make certain equipment and software are maintained and in good working order.
- Ensure that the customer is receiving the best service possible, and strive for zero errors.
- Promote an enjoyable working atmosphere for the employees.
- Keep an employee designated to assume the duties of Data Processing in the event of unforeseen or prolonged absence.
- Create and keep up to date process improvements manuals for the department.
- Maintain and update as needed training records as processes are changed or updated for the department. This document should be clear, concise and include screen-shots when available.
- Monitor work orders to ensure that they are accurately completed on time and in the most efficient manner possible.
- Perform Quality Control on files to assure the De-Duping, NCOA, CASS, and all other processes are followed to assure the customer gets what they are asking for,
- Log and maintain trouble-shooting calls with our software vendors such as BCC, and our own internal IT department.
- Maintain awareness of other department productions schedules to assure departmental planning and priorities for the overall workloads.
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of a high school diploma, some continuing education would be helpful but not required.
- At least one year experience in a position that has had various software exposures with a preference in mail for postage.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer programs such as Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Google Sheets and Docs, helpful.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to do basic math calculations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- While engaged in the duties of this job, the employee will be required to perform the following activities:
- Standing and sitting in one place for extended periods, walking around production area, and talking above machine noise.
- Good manual dexterity is a must.
- Must be able to work within deadlines and be able to prioritize work based on the needs of our clients and anticipated workflow.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While in the production area, the employee will be working near moving mechanical parts.