Cook - Full Time
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards.
- Ensure food storage areas are clean.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to residents is safe for consumption.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to residents.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to work under demanding and strenuous situations.
- Food Service Sanitation License highly desired or ability to obtain and/or maintain one
- Previous experience within a fast-paced kitchen highly desired
- Strong Communication Skills - ability to read/write basic English
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma (or equivalent education/experience)
- 1+ years of experience in a culinary environment required, previous hotel/kitchen experience preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, pull and bend continuously throughout a shift
- Leadership skills are required in order to run your designated shifts as the person in charge (PIC)