Nonessential Job Functions:
- Maintain, monitor and enforce a documented system of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls, including the Policies and Procedures Manual and the Chart of Accounts.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department. Ensure the timely and accurate recording of all transactions in the books and records.
- Manage the Payroll function including supervision of the day-to-day activities of the Payroll Administrator and setting of the payroll policies and procedures. Ensure that payroll regulations are followed and filings are timely and accurate.
- Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable/Collections, including supervision of the day-to-day activities and the setting of the policies and procedures.
- Lead and develop staff by thoughtfully recruiting, onboarding, coaching, counseling, and training employees.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement, automation and cost reduction within the department and other departments.
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors including payroll provider, credit cards, office equipment, etc. Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Assist the CFO with banking relationships/treasury, banking, tax planning, and risk management/insurance.
- Responsible for the preparation and publishing of timely monthly financial reporting and annual budgeting and forecasts, including analysis of variances versus budget and prior year.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Provide other financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics. Monitor and provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Responsible for the company internal audit function, and the provision of information to external auditors for the annual year-end audit.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Responsible for 401(k) audit.
- Responsible for all bank, insurance and tax audits.
- Ensure good accounting practices, procedures and adequate internal controls are followed throughout the company. Make immediate adjustments whenever necessary.
Nonessential Job Functions:
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior accounting or financial management role in large and medium size companies, with 5+ years in a supervisory role.
- Well organized, detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and focus efforts on what makes a difference in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train and develop subordinates.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Experience with ERP information systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with executive management.