- Analyzing cost data related to contribution margin results; focus on inventory consumption, utilization of manufacturing processes, and direct labor absorption
- Actively participate in the pricing process with Sales, Operations and Procurement teams by analyzing costs, margins and trends
- Identify and evaluate pricing, margin, and purchasing opportunities and assist in developing and executing sales strategies
- Update bill-of-material and labor routings as needed; include yearly standard updates tied to the plan/budget
- Lead Finance/Accounting, Sales, and Operations team members as appropriate; this includes participation in meetings, becoming a more informed and valuable member of teams, and therefore the organization overall
- Develop various analytics along the lines of business segment, center, channel profitability, or other aspects deemed insightful
- Support the Sales, Operations, or Finance/Accounting areas with any special analysis or projects, as needed
- Assist in maintaining fixed asset records and analyzing capital requests
- Assist in the creation and vetting of the annual plan/budget process, working with Sales and Operations on contribution margin items
- Conduct financial evaluations for new business opportunities and projects
- Update the financial model monthly with actual results and new forecasts on an as needed basis to establish financial projections
- Manage accounting and finance functions as related to the business.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience: 5 years’ experience in Accounting role. Experience with payables and receivables required.
- Functional Skills: Ability to consistently produce accurate work under fluctuating schedules and priorities. Strong accounting and analytical skills needed to verify the integrity of data being used.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically data analysis using excel spreadsheets. Experience in ERP system required for this role. Experience with Made 2 Manage a plus.
- Language Skills: Strong business acumen with ability to read, analyze and interpret financial documents. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, peers and subordinates.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Conceptual thinker who can take a vision and create better processes and solutions. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player and participating in continuous improvement activities.