Commercial Underwriter: White Plains, NY
Job ID: PM203
Title: Commercial Underwriter
Report to: Chief Credit Officer
- Process requests for advances and account transfers, when necessary.
- Effectively communicate with appraisers to order appraisal reports and track appraisals ordered.
- Preparing term sheets and commitment letters as needed.
- Attending loan committee on a regular basis as a non-voting member and taking the minutes of the meeting.
- Assisting the CLO in the loan origination process by prescreening and evaluating loan packages.
- Attend customer meetings with the lenders (as requested).
- Attend loan closings as required.
- Communicate with outside parties, such as attorneys and accountants, when necessary.
- Ordering credit reports, Flood Certifications, EDR reports, and more detailed Phase 1 Environmental reports, when necessary (as backup).
- Provide support for the Loan Operations Department as emergency backup, when necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned
Education / Training: A BS or BA degree normally required; specialized credit education and training.