Job Summary: The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for assisting with the maintaining, servicing and updating of accounts with regards to the collection of monies owed as well as the accounting for this area. The Accounting Clerk will keep cash flow current to maintain low AR balances. As well as interacting with customers to ensure that all orders are paid promptly and correctly and to settle any disputes regarding deductions, shipments and/or billing discrepancies. The Accounting Clerk is responsible to ensure 100% financial collection for invoices, interacts with all sales managers and performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This is a part-time position working approximately 20 hours per week.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Follow up with customers regarding status of payments, deductions, credits and charge backs. · Print aging report and send past due reminder letters via e-mail or fax · Responsible for the collection and processing of payments of invoices · Daily deposits and entering of checks and wire transfers. Scan paper checks to the bank. E-mail cash spreadsheet and scanned checks totals · Research customer deductions (shortage claims, miss-shipments, pricing issues, returns etc.) and work with AR Supervisor on allowances. Obtain deduction paperwork (program payable and penalty paperwork) and forward to appropriate department. Issue credit memos if deductions are valid, send chargebacks with all backup documentation if deductions are not allowed · Inform sales managers of account status with regards to non-compliance of payment terms, large returns, and invalid deductions if customer disputes chargeback. Contact sales representatives for help if accounts are seriously delinquent and/or are in risk of going into collections · Coordinate with Operations on large returns, expected return dates and shipping method. Inform Operations of returns pending paperwork from LFD return facility and have paperwork corrected if items are listed incorrectly. Write up credit memos for product returned and apply to customer deductions. Chargeback customers for product deducted and not returned · Handle Certificates of Insurance · Research all new accounts. Run Dunn & Brad Street reports. Research and obtain credit references. Check that all paperwork is received and send program form for Sales Manager to complete. The paperwork is then given to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor for credit approval and set up in · Assist Controller, Accounting Manager & Sr. Accountant with fiscal audit
· Other duties as needed or assigned
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
Working knowledge of windows-based operating system
· Exposure to D365 or similar ERP Software preferred
· Working experience for a sales driven, customer–focused business preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Proactive, responsible with a positive attitude
· 0-5 Years' experience
· Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, and Intermediate to Advanced in MS Excel programs.
· Microsoft D365 a huge +. Also, have the ability to learn new programs quickly